Jan 25, 2011

Playing With Tangled Yarn

Where I work always has a hat and mitten drive before Christmas. I always buy several and participate. I had this brain storm after Christmas that I would put my minimal crochet skills to good use. I had a stash of yarn from a garage sale last summer. It came in a basket that I bought. Well, it was a little bitty musty, but I aired it for months and it was fine to work with. So I made a bunch of hats for next year. Washed them and will store until next year. As you can see, the colors are cheerful and bright and I know they will keep some little ones head warm when they need it.

Well, that's what I've been up to. My goal was 18 by the end of Jan. I'm on 14, but running out of yarn. I may get some more, I'll see. I'm kind of in the mood to do some painting. Bright, bold, wild colors keep finding there way on to my pallette. Hmmm??? My muse must be thinking summer beachy pool thots. LOL :) Later, P

2 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

Love those hats! I get on the same kick every now and then. The hats and scarves are a great outlet for me!

Cathy

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog