Jun 10, 2008

Just Around the Corner

It doesn't seem possible, but the 4th of July is just around the corner. I've been playing with some Americana ACEOs. The one pictured is on Ebay now. It's my husband's mother as a young child. This vintage print always makes me smile. She was a very beautiful child. Her name was Bertha, she never weighed more than 95 lbs. in her life. A wee bit of thing. LOL Anyway, I hope she makes you smile with her patriotic theme. The deep rich colors are a stretch for me, I tend to like the subtle old vintage colors and sepia. I just loved working with this and intend to do more.

Pray for no more rain for awhile in the midwest. The river here is out of it's banks, and some flooding is occuring, and is forcast to get worse. We'll remain positive but things don't look good.
My grandson and his Dad dropped by this evening. They had grandpa help with getting rid of some rubbage at their friends farm near here. I love it when he drops by, he's so funny! We watched a silly TV show together. Laughed our behinds off.

Well, that's all my gabbing for the evening.

Lil' side post: Tina in Denmark, your ACEO is on it's way. Enjoy, and thanks again so much. You are my first customer from that country. I should have enclosed a prize, LOL. Maybe next time. Sincerely.

Until later,
P

4 comments:

Bren said...

Your ACEO's are Fabulous, like they would be anything else, LOL. And you put the girls' pics on here too. Love it!!

Tina said...

Thanks a lot P :o). I just love your ACEOs. Can´t wait to see it in real. (just started to make ACEOs myself too - really addictive.)Best wishes, Tina

Karen Owen said...

What an adorable card! I'll pray that the rain leaves your area and comes our way for a while. We are very dry here in the southeast. Hope you get some relief.

Tina said...

Hi Pam. Received my ACEO today and I just love it. Absolutely beautiful. I´ll keep an eye out for new ACEO from you. Will definitely be back :o). Thanks a lot. Tina