Feb 23, 2009

Weekend Whirlwind

Here I am, quietly sitting in the peace of home. Some coffee,typing in the comfort of blog land. LOL It feels so good to unwind. John and I went to the Duck Unlimited State Convention this weekend, along with about 10 other couples from here. It is a fun time and great food. The girls always get in a little shopping and dancing and just hanging out. This year was just the same. We always manage to have a great time, although tired.
I actually got a little bit of stitching in and a nap one afternoon. Yippee.
Wynnie and Dottie stayed with my daughter and family. This is them when they come home. They barely move to 24 hours. They are so tired.

That household is alot more active than ours. But, they love it - and we wouldn't have them stay anywhere else.
The picture below is from a Stacey Nash pattern. It's a sewing roll. I haven't got the ribbon on it. There's place for small scissors, and needles and it just rolls up and you can put it in for stitching bag. I love it. The linen is so soft after washing, and fun to work up. I used a reproduction cival war fabric for the outside. I think it was from Windham fabric line, it might have been Moda? I really like working on her patterns and the primitive look of it. Thanks Stacey for the great patterns.


I wanted to add that our prayers have been working full force. Sally May is done with her radiation and the cancerous brain tumor they hoped to stop from growing has in fact shrunk. It should continue to shrink for some time now. She doesn't have to go back for another MRI for 6 months. So keep on fellow prayer warriors, she's home and back to her normal routine and school. Will keep you posted after her follow up.
Well, I better get busy. I've got the washing machine humming and the dryer buzzer going off. The special comforting sounds of a domestic goddess. Giggle.

4 comments:

Tami said...

Sounds like one great weekend! Praise the Lord......I am so happy that you updated us about Sally May I think of her often.....what wonderful news it is too! Still praying!

Have a sunny day!
T

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Pam, thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting and I see you got the link for the labels....hope you get some...they're really super cool when you see them.

Your sewing roll is great. I've always thought of making or buying one becaue I'm forever transporting my supplies with me. This would be so handy.

Good news about the cancer treatments being positive.

Hugs, Karen

Tolentreasures said...

Sounds as though you had a great weekend, rest up! Love the stitchery!

Cathy

Kim said...

Oh your puppies are precious!!! So cute!!!!! Lovin that Stacy Nash piece too!!!