Apr 21, 2009

New Stitches Made Olde

Well, it's almost noon and I did accomplish washing all the bedroom bedding and now it's in the dryer, I decided to gather many of my stitching pieces and dye them in to olde antiques. LOL You see,the old flu bug knocked me down yesterday. Whew. The kind that makes you feel like you survived being kicked by a mule. LOL'. While considerably better today, meaning I have at least thought about food, I've drug myself from a horizontal posititon and I'm going to contimplate doing something constructive kind of better. Hope this huge, but fast moving, bug doesn't find you home.

The picture clearly shows how the same dye bath of tea, coffee and vanilla takes differently to different linens. I don't remember all the names of the different linens. The newest stitching turned out very dark in this dye. I was a little shocked, as nothing has turned out this dark before. Anyway ... I kind of like it. Very prim looking. My intent is to group all of these pieces in one place on my wall. I'm going to frame them all in black, but not neccessarily the same frame type. Then they won't be a group of my work, but more of a gathering. I guess we'll see when I find, buy or have the frames made. The first piece of my stitching is not cross stitch but a prim applique stitchery I did a couple years ago. As you can see I'm not very good at applique. But, I still treasure it and it's going in the gathering.

I think I'll check all my patterns and see what stitching adventure Iwill capture with my needle. I'm also trying to inspire myself into finishing a painting project for a friend. Lauri brought me an ostrich egg. This thing is huge. I have some idea's and I've even painted the background color, but ... I haven't really committed to the design I want to paint. Hope this weekend finds this egg ... DONE! Giggle.
Hope you all enjoy the rest of the week and keep creating. I so appreciate this little creative space that we've all carved out in blogland. :o) P

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Your work looks great! Thx for stopping by my blog. I'm adding you to my blog roll right now!

plain*worker*primitives said...

I love all your stitches!! I really like the dark one in the left bottom corner, they are all nice and prim, but that one just catches my eye! You must take a picture of your finished gathering it will be awesome.
Glad your feeling better after that flu bug, take care!
XO melissa

Juls said...

Thanks for visiting!!! Your blog is wonderful!!!! I'll be visiting and adding you to my google reader!!!! I hope thats okay!