May 16, 2009

Sharing My Saturday

We had over 5" of rain yesterday. My husband dumped our gauge, and it rained hard for hours after that. But, finally, the sun is shining this morning and it's cool and dry air. Yippee! Doesn't it just change your whole thought process when the sun shines after the rain.
I cleaned out an old basket this morning. Look what I found. Some old quilt blocks (hand pieced) that I got last year. Some stitching I forgot about. Includes redwork, and prim stitching from Buttermilk Basin patterns. LOL Not sure where I'll put them, but I'm planning to stitch up the old quilt blocks into pillows.
I'm woking on my small sampler gathering. I have started just randomly (using that gum sticky stuff) to play with how it might work out. I have a larger sampler to get framed two smaller and another 5 x 7. But, I'm thinking I like the way it's going to work out. Didn't like what I had in this space before.
I just finished folding my last load of laundry. I have a few domestic chores and then I'm out to my studio. My sweet is going to be gone this afternoon through Monday afternoon. Going to a lake region of Missouri with some friends for fishing and more fishing. LOL They have a cabin and their own dock and fish cleaning station, so they are all excited. Mark Twain Lake, near Hannibal, Missouri. I love him dearly but it's fun to just mess around with no expectations, cook - no cook - watch what ever you want on TV and I have a movie picked out if I come in from the studio in time.
I hope you are all having a great weekend, I'm thinking about working on some altered art for a switch up. I miss it and having just now finished up another counted thread project, I think it's time to stretch. I'll be dropping by :) Hugs,P

3 comments:

Bren said...

Love those quilt blocks, they will be great as pillows. Or, why not make a small quilt with them??
Wishing this sunshine we have was a tad bit warmer, lol.
Have a Great Weekend!
Hugs, Bren

Tolentreasures said...

Great quilt blocks, what a find! I love weekends with the house to myself...have fun, be creative!

Cathy

Tami said...

Sounds like you are going to have a busy weekend! There is nothing like a little "me time" as I call it!

Have fun!
Hugs~T