Jan 9, 2010

2010 Yada Yada - Laugh Out Loud


New Year - New Beginning - New Me yada yada ... Every year I say things like that. Well like last year, I'm going to keep going in my quest for more art fun. Last year was simply amazing. Meeting new people, interaction on art communities, challenges. So, my super talented daughter got me this book for Christmas.(I should get her one back). I had wanted it for quite awhile. It is super fantastic. I am having so much fun with it. I'm going on an adventure with this book. A one year adventure. LOL I have chosen my word to represent my year and here it is ... "TRY". I'm going to try new techniques, new things, new places, new forms of art, new supplies, new dreams, ... on and on. You get the picture. If you see this book, pick it up, buy it. Very interesting.
The first new thing I'm trying is an art journal. I love working in it, and it's relaxing, challenging and surprising what comes out of my head. (Well, maybe not to some.) Giggle! So that's where I am right now.
I would also appreciate comments with your favorite quotes. I can go on line and find some that inspire me, but I thought it would be fun to have some from my online friends and art community. You can leave them here or on my Facebook wall. Well until later, Hug P

4 comments:

Diane said...

Hey Pammy Jo, I have this same book--I haven't had a chance to look through it yet. I have a problem with art books--I have to have everyone on the market :) I love them!! I also really like your word for the year. I keep seeing this on everyone's blog, and I just put it on my blog. I really had no thoughts about it until this week.

Art by Darla Kay said...

Hi PammyJo!
Thanks so much for your visit. I've never heard of this book but will now keep it on my list! I love your resolution to 'try'. It's great!
I'm drawing a blank now on favorite quotes but one I heard last week on Oprah is from Maya and it went like this:
When someone shows you who they really are, believe them. (or something like that)
It was a whole show on women scammed by hubbies so it's not a very inspirational one, now is it? haha Oh well, I'll think harder on this :)
have a great week!

Lesley said...

Hi Pammy Jo
Happy New Year to you.
I am back up and able to view pics now. I thought this was a pice of altered art when I saw it and was going to say wow. I will have to keep this book on my list as well. Sounds interesting. I am always in for trying something new. Today I did and really liked it. Fusing fibers for an ATC. This is just the beginning I hope.
Thanks for always stopping by. x0

Linda Vincent said...

Oh no! Not another art book to add to my growing collection!!! Oh well, I'll cope somehow......
Happy New Year Pammyjo; may all your dreams come true.
X