Jul 22, 2008

Phew! It's Hot


Well, I've been busy in the studio. My obsession with Halloween is ever present. I just love looking at my vintage pictures and picking the next scene in this on going series.

I just finished up on a Moses basket project. I totally ripped apart an antique Moses basket and just finished the re-do! It's really cute. I did not have a pattern to go by. The basket is much larger than present day baskets. I covered two 1" pieces of foam, cut to fit for the mattress. I covered the mattress and after measuring I found a king size pillow case works great for a sheet. I then made a type of bumper pad and lined the entire basket inside. I whipped stitched the entire thing to the basket. Whew! I won't do that again. Giggle. I'll share a photo soon. I'm sure it could have been done better by a professional, but the challenge intrigued me. Anyway it did in the beginning. LOL

We are having our first sweet corn of the season for supper. Yummy! Wish I could share.
Well, keep up the emails and comments, I love it! If you have time check out my ebay.
XX
P

1 comment:

Karen Owen said...

Your halloween art is adorable. I wish you could share your corn as well. There is nothing like corn eaten on the day it is picked.